Pages

Tuesday 16 November 2010

Tails of Neuropathic Pain


I have been doing surgeries on rats for a while now, as it is definitely good practise for my finger dexterirty. I remember how shaky I was when I first started holding the foreign objects, but now, it has begun to get quite proficient.

Due to my scheduling, I often do the surgeries after hours, and in the middle of the night. To add to that, the surgery/animal room are all housed in the basement, adding to the "ambiance" of the operation. But, being surrounded by isofurane (anesthestic), and catchings wifts of it at a time, funny things happen down there!

Here was what happened last night:

I was singing "Rocketeer", while finishing up a rat, with one more ready to go.
The last rat was still in its cage, when I suddenly heard a thump! I turned around, and that rat had decicded to "hang itself!" He had jumped up, and got his head stuck in between the edge of the box and a lid, and was turning blue! I promptly released it, but I was reminded that rats may prefer to kill themselves than listen to my singing!

No comments:

Post a Comment