Pages

Monday 19 July 2010

Badminton Training 3 & 4


Badminton Training 3

- Warm up
- Worked on an attack clear footwork.
- Worked on the whip shot.

Nb. At times, instead of thinking of footwork, I was more concerned with learning the shots. That is notably because I find my grip of the racquet to be very off, and even though I have been able to gain control of the birdie still, I wouldn't be able to learn advance moves unless I can change that.

- One of the coaches gave me a foil racquet to test if my swing was correct, and the amount of air resistance I felt signified the wrong grip/swing.

Badminton Training 4

- Warm up
- Feather pick-up x 800? (lunging and net footwork)
- Bungee cord drop shots
- bungee cord net finishes.

Nb. When playing with Andy, remember footwork for receiving serves. ready to pounce back , leaning forward on to the left leg. Focus on beating others with speed, and drives rather than shot placement, and change of pace. (not skilled enough yet)!

Also, when lunging forward, lunge aggressively, with racquet up, then relaxingly bounce back.

No comments:

Post a Comment