Pages

Monday 12 July 2010

Hi-Intensity Summer Badminton Training Day 1 & 2


I should also mention that aside from the runs, playing basketball, and general crossfit workouts, I have also been attending a badminton training club. It is the first group badminton training program I have tried, and unusually, it comprises of mostly younger players. The coaches in fact seem to be my age. Not having had a real solid formal training before, I am relishing the opportunity to train for 4 hrs a week.

Warmups are usually close to an hour long, and consist of a lot of lunging, and "chinese foot-work". I am mentioning the key points of each week, in hopes that I will be able to confidently say I improved in those areas.

Day 1:

Introduction to "Split-step" footwork.
-> split-step to both sides
-> split step for 5 minutes. x3.
-> Smashing drill.

-nb. Footwork is still very heavy. buns and hamstrings were sore for the next 5 days.

Day 2:

Continuing split-step footwork. with
-> split step to net shots.
-> hopping warmup 4 times around the gym. (plyometric)

- nb. footwork is still very very heavy. Need to work on lightening the steps, and moving around the court more fluidly. Played one-on-one with the better players, and was destroyed from lack of side to side movement and recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment